On Thursday 01 April 2004 11:58 am, JoeHill wrote:

> I think you're right. It has a lot more to do with the fact that the
> judiciary in Canada is, in my estimation, much more 'apolitical'. They
> don't have to worry about what popular opinion, political pressure, etc.
> might be telling them to do, since they are appointed, not elected. This is
> why, in the US, you tend to see more logical decisions from the Supreme
> Court as opposed to judges in lower courts who take their lead from the
> polls more than the law.

Maybe I am just cynical but does it strike anyone that it is easier for other
countries to rebuff the RIAA, MPAA, etc. because the bulk of the money flows
to the US, rather than back to the other countries?

I really wish that I could believe that any government is capable of doing
something just because it is the right thing to do, but somehow, I have a
hard time getting my head around that.
--
Bryan Phinney
Software Test Engineer