On Tue, 02 Nov 1999, you wrote:
> Thanks for the reply! So, KDE is a Window Manager, as is Enlightenment,
> correct? So I don't need Enlightenment, correct? How can I get rid of it or
> tell if it is indeed installed? I have the default installation of Mandrake,
> that should use KDE, not GNOME. (I thought Enlightenment was a Gnome thing).
> I'm not sure, but it seems like I didn't even install GNOME. Where should I
> poke around to further investigate? Thanks!

Well, KDE is a Desktop Environment as well as a window
manager. KDE stands for K Desktop Environment. What the
"K" stands for, no one has yet explained THAT one to me. :-)

The current version of Enlightenment is "KDE-compatible."
It is set up to work in cooperation with KDE as the window
manager. If you prefer to have KDE do the window management
as well, you should be able to do so... but I'm not
familiar enough with Enlightenment to tell you how to do
that.... I'm sure someone else here will be able to help.
:-)
        John