On Sunday 18 Apr 2004 5:58 am, Guy Rouillier wrote:
> >> Ever try to cut and paste from nedit into sylpheed, for example?
> >> Why can't everyone agree on something simple like a clipboard, for
> >> crying out loud?
> >
> >Hmmm, select in one, middle-click in the other, seems to work fine
> > for me ;-)
>
> Hmm, select text in nedit, crtl-c, go to some other app, ctrl-v -
> nothing.
>
> Hmm, try same with ctrl-ins, shift-ins, again nothing.
>
> So which are the clipboard keys?

I tend to agree with you, you can blame KDE. There are two standards.

The X standard is to highlight the text in one application and then
middle-click in the other.

The KDE standard is to follow MS (ctrl-c, ctrl-x, ctrl-v), which is fine
for useability; I often want to replace some text with pasted text and
the KDE method is much easier.

Many applications obey both standards, but some don't. I find that I
cannot paste from eterm to kmail for example.

--
Richard Urwin