Paul Smith wrote:

I run Mdk 9.1 that comes with Moz 1.3 and recently I added Netscape 7.1 and Mozilla 1.6 in additional. Both of them I installed using their own installers and I used their default values. At the end it seems they both run but look ugly and with hard-to-read fonts and, in general, they look worse than the 'original' Mozilla.

I did not face any setup complaint during the installation and don't know how to make them look better. I tested them all within KDE and Gnome and it is the same (anyway I prefer KDE).

Why do not you consider installing the xft version of mozilla?

http://www.scottbolander.com/mozilla-xft.html

Will check that site. Btw, does it mean that mozilla.org versions of Mozilla suffer from some problems related to that matter - just wonder?

In addition, you could import MS Windows truetype fonts (with drakfont), in case you have a dual machine (MS Windows + Linux).

Hey, wait a minute. The 'original' Mozilla 1.3 that comes with Mdk 9.1 looks very nice - regardless I haven't imported MS Windows truetype fonts. What I wanted to do is to upgrade Mozilla and/or to try using Netscape.

In fact, it looks to me that what came with Mdk 9.1 appear just fine on the screen, but what is *added* i.e. installed later, looks ugly. As I mentioned, I installed Netscape 7.1 as well as Mozilla 1.6 in their respective default directories (into different paths from the 'original' Moz 1.3 so they couldn't 'fight' in between etc). Nothing complained during the installation, finally both of them run here (of course, not in parallel because I use the same profile) - but just look poor.

So I wonder what I should get with importing MS Windows truetype fonts.

Misko

  • ... Pedro _
  • ... Jesüs Arocho
  • ... Per-Olof Litby - Reg'l Mgr - Nordic/Baltic - Java System Software - Sun Microsystems
    • ... Miroslav Skoric
      • ... Paul Smith
        • ... JoeHill
          • ... Miroslav Skoric
            • ... JoeHill
              • ... Miroslav Skoric
            • ... Miroslav Skoric
        • ... Miroslav Skoric
          • ... Ron Hunter-Duvar
            • ... Miroslav Skoric
          • ... JoeHill
          • ... Paul Smith
        • ... Miroslav Skoric
          • ... Stephen Kuhn
            • ... JoeHill
            • ... Miroslav Skoric
              • ... Stephen Kuhn
      • ... Per-Olof Litby - Reg'l Mgr Nordic/Baltic - Java System Software - Sun Microsystems