Sent: Thursday, May 06, 2004 3:08 PM
Subject: [newbie] I'm losting my samba's shares after some time... permission denied... help plz.

Hi guys!

I made some shares here through samba 2.2.8 and put the permissions in this share like this: 'chmod -R 777 /share', to make sure that all users will open...

and everything goes fine...

but after some time, nobody can access the share...
so, I open the log in /var/log/samba/log.user, i.e., and I can see the problem: "Can't chage the directory to /share (Permission denied)"

but the permission is 777, like I said before...

the share only works again if I type 'chmod -R 777 /share'  again...

this is the only reason that I can not change definitely my server...

plz, someone have a hint for this ??

thanx

Flávio Henrique