Flávio Henrique wrote:
It sounds like you have msec running along behind you cleaning up the
permissions..

I can't understand this... what's 'msec' ??

msec is a collection of security scripts that run nightly and tries to stop insecure practises..
stuff like open executable file permissions..

man msec
will give you more info on that.

777 is a dangerous permission and you shouldn't be suing it..

Yes, I know, but I use this just to see if the share it will be done...

Don't understand what you mean here.. you already know the share works, the question is why use it when there is a better way?

You are better off telling samba to use one user for all users.. and
then set the files to 600
in the shares., (and change their owner and group to the owner and group
that you have just set the share up to use.)

Try something like this for a share:

[myshare]
  comment = a test share
  path = /home/allusers
  force user = franki
  force group = franki
  public = no
  writable = yes
  printable = no

But do your think this have relations with why my share is losting after
some time?

Yes, I know, because I did the same thing long ago, and had the same problem..

you'll have other problems with multi user programs as well.
(in australia we have a business accounting software package called MYOB, and if you use your method
and multiple users access the file, it will always end up causing problems.)

for explanation, I use my linux as a single machine in my network (without domain, just a workgroup)

Thats fine, what my suggestion does, is make it such that any user on the network that writes or accesses a file in the share, uses the same user and group as everyone else on the network, meaning that all users have access, and they all use the same user/group..
that way the permissions on the files can be much lower then they are now, where the files are accessed by the login user they used.

Trust me, it works great, I've been using it for ages.

thanx Flávio Henrique

Thats much better security then using open permissions..

-- rgds

Frank Hauptle (aka Franki)

For free scripts, online webmaster tools, HTML, XHTML, Perl & PHP tutorials and stuff, visit:
http://htmlfixit.com Free web developer resources.

Please sign our petition to encourage notebook manufacturers to offer video card upgrades just like desktops.
http://www.petitiononline.com/inspiron/petition.html