Bill, I would like to thank you again...

well,

> I would run ls -ld /share/docs before doing 'chmod -R 750 /share/docs'
> to see if the permissions had been changed.  Also, I you should
> use 2770 as the permissions.  2xxx sets the sticky bit which means
> all files/directories created in this directory will have the group
> of this directory.

the permission changed right... no problem with this...
Ok.. I will use 2xxx permission... I did not understood what means this '2'

> I do not see /share/docs in your smb.conf.  I see /home/docs
> and /home/c.  Where you put the share is important as far as
> msec is concerned.

I just create the share directory with another name... but using yours
instructions...

> There are five security levels for msec.  I am using security
> level 3 for msec:
>
> [EMAIL PROTECTED] msec]# cat /etc/sysconfig/msec
> META_CLASS=PowerPack
> SECURE_LEVEL=3
> CLASS=expert
> UMASK_ROOT=027
> UMASK_USER=022
> TMOUT=0

My security level is 3, and my msec file have this:
UMASK_ROOT=022
SECURE_LEVEL=3
UMASK_USER=022
TMOUT=0

> which means that msec will use /usr/share/msec/perm.3 as the
> control file for setting permissions.  If you use SECURE_LEVEL=2,
> then examine /usr/share/msec/perm.2 and so on.  Let us assume
> you are level 3.  Examine /usr/share/msec/perm.3.  Do you see the lines:
> /home/                    root.root               755
> /home/*                   current                 711

yes they are there...

> msec will decrease the permissions on /home to at most 755.  However,
> I think the next line is biting you.  msec will set the permissions on
> all directories off of /home to at most 711.  Therefore, if /home/docs
> is where you put the directory, msec is clobbering the permissions.  If
> you move /home/docs to /home/shares/docs then the permissions will not
> be affected.  This is what I would reccomend.

hmmm... this is great!

> I, personally, use:
>
> [EMAIL PROTECTED] msec]# ls -ld /lan /lan/shares /lan/shares/Apps
> drwxr-xr-x   9 root root     4096 Jul 26  2003 /lan/
> drwxr-x--x  23 bill smbusers 4096 Apr 30 00:08 /lan/shares/
> drwxrwsr-x  12 bill smbusers 4096 Jun 30  2003 /lan/shares/Apps/
>
> [Apps]
>         comment = Windows/MS-DOS applications (r/w)
>         path = /lan/shares/Apps
>         browseable = yes
>         guest ok = yes
>         writeable = no
>         write list = @smbusers
>         create mask = 771
>         directory mask = 770
>         map hidden = yes
>         map system = yes
>         map archive = yes
>         available = yes
>
> smbusers is the group that I put all samba users in.  It is not
> affected by msec:
> /                    root.adm                755
> which would affect /share, or by:
> /home/*              current                 711
> which would affect /home/docs.
>
> msec is sometimes a pain, but I am learning to live with it.  I
> haven't disabled msec in the far chance that if my system ever
> gets compromized, msec may help me.
>
> HTH,
> Bill Shirley

I will try to create the directories in /home/shares/docs to see what
happens...
when I install Mandrake, I create a partition for each /, /home, /usr, /var,
/tmp directories, to avoid lost data in some crash... so maybe creating my
shares directories in another partition than /home resolve this problem (?)

I will try your hints and will let you know...

Thank you again.

Flávio Henrique