> Yes, msec will mess your permissions up on /share.  I will
> show you how to do this for the samba share "docs" that is
> accessable by "docusers".  You already have /share so as root
>
> cd /share
> chown root.root .
> chmod 755 .
> groupadd docusers
> mkdir -m 2770 docs
> chown root.docusers docs
>
> add this to smb.conf
> [Docs]
>         comment = share for docusers
>         path = /share/docs
>         browseable = no
>         guest ok = no
>         valid users = @docusers
>         writeable = yes
>         create mask = 771
>         directory mask = 770
>         map hidden = yes
>         map archive = yes
>         map system = yes
>         available = yes
>
> now edit /etc/group and find the entry for docusers
>
> docusers:x:499:
>
> [Note, the number may be different.  That's ok.]
>
> now add the users that you want to be able to access this share
> to this line and save your changes
>
> docusers:x:499:user1,user2,user4
>

> After saving the changes, then finally do a:
>
> service smb reload
>
> Your users may have to log off and back on before they
> can map the drive.  They won't see the share in Network
> Neighborhood because we set browesable = no.  Change it
> to yes if needed.  If you make a change you must do:
>
> service smb reload
>
> and they MAY need to log off and back on to see your change.
>

> Each file or directory created in /share/docs will be owned
> by the user that created it and have the group of "docusers".
> All members of group "docusers" can edit/delete files/directories.
>
> Hope this helps,
>
> Bill Shirley

Bill... very thanx for this help...
now I learn more about some permissions issues...

I did everything what you said...
create the /share, the /docs, the permissions, etc...

while I was copying some files, from a win98 client machine to my new
/share/docs directory, I was testing in another win98 client machine to see
if I could see the files in /share/docs and I seeing...
all goes fine...

BUT

after some minutes, in this same machine (that I was able to see the files),
the share is broken again...
I can't see the content of share... I can see the share but is like I
haven't the right permission

So, the /share/docs only works again if I type 'chmod -R 750 /share/docs'
again in shell..

maybe some information mine helps...

above is my smb.conf..

I'm using Samba to autenticate the users in domain... and the autentication
is fine... the users logins without problems...
I don't know if I'm saying right, but I'm using two networks
one where the users is working (all machines win98, workgroup=PROVENDA, ip
fixed)
other (?) with my linux server is running a samba with workgroup=PROV and
just one machine within this workgroup (to tests the /shares)
the files that I was copying was located in a machine in workgroup=PROVENDA,
that I was monted throug LinNeighborhood...

Plz Bill... any comments??? (the directory name was changed, like you can
see, ok? but I think this is no the problem...)

Thanx for everything...

My smb.conf

# Samba config file created using SWAT
# from localhost (127.0.0.1)
# Date: 2004/05/07 18:12:37

# Global parameters
[global]
 workgroup = PROV
 netbios name = HOST
 server string = Samba Server %v
 encrypt passwords = Yes
 map to guest = Bad User
 log file = /var/log/samba/log.%m
 max log size = 50
 printcap name = cups
 domain logons = Yes
 os level = 0
 preferred master = Yes
 domain master = Yes
 dns proxy = No
 printer admin = @adm
 printing = cups

[homes]
 comment = Home Directories
 read only = No
 browseable = No

[printers]
 comment = All Printers
 path = /var/spool/samba
 create mask = 0700
 guest ok = Yes
 printable = Yes
 print command = lpr-cups -P %p -o raw %s -r   # using client side printer
drivers.
 browseable = No

[print$]
 path = /var/lib/samba/printers
 write list = @adm root
 guest ok = Yes

[pdf-generator]
 comment = PDF Generator (only valid users)
 path = /var/tmp
 printable = Yes
 print command = /usr/share/samba/scripts/print-pdf %s ~%u //%L/%u %m %I &

[pdf-screen]
 comment = PDF Generator - Screen quality (only valid users)
 path = /var/tmp
 printable = Yes
 print command = /usr/share/samba/scripts/print-pdf %s ~%u //%L/%u %m %I ""
%S &
 copy = pdf-generator

[pdf-printer]
 comment = PDF Generator - Print quality (only valid users)
 path = /var/tmp
 printable = Yes
 print command = /usr/share/samba/scripts/print-pdf %s ~%u //%L/%u %m %I ""
%S &
 copy = pdf-generator

[pdf-prepress]
 comment = PDF Generator - PrePress quality (only valid users)
 path = /var/tmp
 printable = Yes
 print command = /usr/share/samba/scripts/print-pdf %s ~%u //%L/%u %m %I ""
%S &
 copy = pdf-generator

[Documentos]
comment = share for docusers