On Tue, Apr 27, 2004 at 10:58:58AM +0300, rhein wrote:
> Hello,
> I installed XFce4 last night... I don't know if I installed everithing
> because I downloaded packages untill the rpms installed without error
> message... :-[   It is a bit confusing the way rpms work!
<snip>
>   2. My problem is the following: when I reduse a window (for exemple
>      thunderbird) where is it going and how can I restore it? I tried
>      left and right mouse button and nothing... I now it is something
>      stupid but I could not find it.

I just d/l'd Charles' rpm's for 9.2 for my livecd experiment and I
noticed that the option to start xftaskbar4 is commented out of the
xinitrc script. I can't remember exactly where that lives, maybe
/usr/etc/xfce4/xinitrc ? Just uncomment that line in the script.

>   3. Is it possible to add directories on the desktop or are all the
>      icons added to the taskbar?

Not natively. You can run the ROX pinboard to get icons on the desktop,
or try idesk (http://idesk.timmfin.net/about.html). I add frequently
accessed directories to the panel by calling the command "rox
~/importantDirectory" .

Todd