On Tue, 27 Apr 2004 20:59:53 +0000
Miark <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> On Tue, 27 Apr 2004 16:21:57 +0000, Lee wrote:
>
> > Comcast just boosted my connect speed and Opera 7.5 flies
> > anyway.
> >
> > Almost get a page before I ask for it.
> >
> > I got a 3.7 meg dl faster than I could check the speed!
>
> Comcast rocks. It's fast, and they don't block SMTP ports. Their
> service kills the competition in my neck of the woods.
>
> Miark

We had a little tiff yesterday 'cause they disconnected me and
couldn't figure out how to get me back up.  Three hours on the
phone, coupled with firing up a windows box naked on the modem, and
they finally got it going, but much faster than it used to be.

Didn't even change my ip.  My server popped right back up with a
happy Apache.

The windows box went back in the closet for next time.

Lee