B McKee wrote:

Thanks now I get it :-)
But if I delate this .openoffice directory do I erase the software with
it?
Thanks
Christphe
No, it shouldn't touch the software itself.  Files and folders in any
home directory only affect that user.  That's why they are there :-)  A
program installed in your home folder wouldn't be useable by anybody
else on the system.  So, most programs are installed in places like
/usr/bin or similar, but settings that are personal to you are put in
your home folder.  They put a period at the start of the file name so
you don't have to see them if you don't want to.  Removing one of these
'dot' files means that the program launches with the 'factory' defaults
the next time and recreates a 'dot' file for your user.  It's a good
trouble shooting technique when something is not working right to backup
the 'dot' file that program uses (e.g. rename the .kde folder to
kdebackup) and launch the program again to see what happens.
  Now, having said all that, I think there is a way to install a
'local' copy of open office.  (Exception to every rule) It wouldn't hurt
to try 'which soffice' at a command prompt so you know for sure where
the open office program itself actually is.
HTH
Brian

Thanks for this lesson ;-)
I removed the directory and now oo starts much faster.
Have a nice week-end
Christophe