> On Thu, 29 Apr 2004 01:01:43 -0400, Marc wrote:
>
>> SO is way faster than OOo which was beginning to lag
>> on my machine. SO is cute and it comes with a 500+
>> pages manual very well done.
>
> Not to lose sight of your question, but I've been pretty
> annoyed lately with OO because of its slowness. I seem
> to remember it starting, loading and saving files, and
> other operations being faster when my 9.2.1 was fresh.
> But it could be my imagination.
>
> Is there any reason that OO would gradually become slower
> over a period of a couple months? Has anyone else
> experienced this?
>
> Miark

I had the same problem. At first OOo was faster than the previous 1.0, but
OOo started to become slower and slower until it became frankly
unworkable. I do not know the reason for this. May be their mailing-list
contains some information about that.

I have been lucky than SUN decided to make their SO version totally free
for education. It is a great product and I hope it will take the place it
deserves.