On Fri, 30 Apr 2004 00:27:42 +0000, Miark <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:
> I deleted the ~/.openoffice folder which contains my personal
> OpenOffice configuration. Whenever something gets messed up,
> one of the first things I normally do is delete the personal
> config files. Do a "ls -a" to see all the config files in your
> home directory to see what I mean.
>
> Miark

I backed up my ~/, and left it to finish overnight. It was still going
the next morning. Turns out that there was some sort of recursive link
in ~/.openoffice, something to do with the desktop folder. Could the app
be drilling down through this when it takes so long to load?