On Thu, 2004-04-29 at 19:41, Miark wrote:
> On Thu, 29 Apr 2004 01:01:43 -0400, Marc wrote:
>
> > SO is way faster than OOo which was beginning to lag
> > on my machine. SO is cute and it comes with a 500+
> > pages manual very well done.
>
> Not to lose sight of your question, but I've been pretty
> annoyed lately with OO because of its slowness. I seem
> to remember it starting, loading and saving files, and
> other operations being faster when my 9.2.1 was fresh.
> But it could be my imagination.
>
> Is there any reason that OO would gradually become slower
> over a period of a couple months? Has anyone else
> experienced this?
>
> Miark

Unlike MS Office which loads most of it's core when the OS (Windows)
loads, SO and OO have to initiate the java core when you fire up the
application(s) - it's faster AFTER you've loaded it the first time...so,
since it does not load most of it's core components as the OS loads,
it's taking it's merry old time when you fire it up the first
time...does that make sense?

stephen kuhn - owner
illawarra computer services
a kuhn media australia company