On Sat, 2004-05-15 at 12:38, David A. Ferguson wrote:

Well I am a new user myself.  So, I am not sure what all the parameters
mean.
But, here is a copy of my floppy fstab line and some comments.

MINE  none /mnt/floppy supermount dev=/dev/fd0,fs=ext2:vfat,--,umask=0
YOURS none /mnt/floppy supermount dev=/dev/fd0,fs=ext2     ,--,umask=0,user
                                                      \___/            \__/
      this probably lets it read DOS and Linux disks__/                /
                                                                      /
            this is probably your problem, the user flag turns off __/
            a lot of other flags (see man mount for details)

MINE  ,iocharset=iso8859-1,sync,codepage=850 0 0
YOURS ,iocharset=iso8859-1,     codepage=850 0 0
                           \__/
                           /
I think this causes all writes to occure immediately.

Try removing the 'user' flag and see if that works.  I would guess that the
sync flag would be good for floppies since you might remove a floppy while
there was still some buffered data.

I made my fstab lines exactly the same as yours and still no joy!  This is getting serious, I can't back up anything!

Rich