Dan Gordon wrote:
On Saturday 05 June 2004 11:53 am, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

Hello:

I have three desktops and one laptop where I have installed different
versions of Mandrake. Just yesterday installed, in the largest computer,
version 10.0 Official. In my previous experience, I always got sound just
on first boot, but not this time.

I haven't got the slightest idea of what to do to fix this problem. My
sound card is a Creative Sound Blaster Live! Platinum 5.1.

Your help will be appreciated.

Teilhard

The first thing i would check is all the various volume control apps you have, I have found the same problem myself and just checking the different mixers and volume contol apps fixed the problem.

Regards,
Dan Gordon

Also check under services that alsa is running and under harddrake that you have choosen the right driver.

--
Marek