On Sat,  5 Jun 2004 13:14:15 -0400
[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> Thanks a lot. Alsa is running. The driver the system picked up is:
> snd-emu10k1. It also says: "alternative drivers: audigy:emu10k1". How

I would think that emu10k1 is the proper one. In my experience, 90% of
the time, it picked up "audigy" instead, which resulted in no sound.
This means an adjusment (or several) in mcc and/or draksound to get it
to use the right driver. Secondly, if you use kmix as I do, and have
10.0 Community, be aware that the volume slider isn't where you'd expect
it to be. This threw me at first. You may need to bump up the "3D"
slider raher the master or pcm sliders.

Also, I've had better luck having sound work (on boot!) with Thomas
Backlund's kernels, available at http://www.iki.fi or installable via
your contrib sources.