On Monday 07 June 2004 06:05 pm, Greg Meyer wrote:
> On Monday 07 June 2004 04:20 pm, Eric Scott wrote:
> >  Yo;
> >   I'm a fairly novice Linux user, though I've used Mandrake, RedHat, and
> > YellowDog limitedly over the last couple years.  I have Mandrake 9.1
> > installed on this particular box, but I have a program or two that I
> > want to install from my ol' Mandrake 8.2 CD's.  I prefer to use
> > Mandrake's software installations utility, as I don't know the name of
> > the RPM that I'm trying to install and it would take a lifetime to find
> > it by browsing/searching the disks. :-P  Being new to Linux, I don't
> > know how to find the title of a given CD.  Mandrake's control center
> > wants me to enter the disk name into the library thingy for me to be
> > able to install from the 8.2 disks.  Anywho, the point is, I want to
> > install to 9.1 from 8.2 disks with the control center installation
> > utility.
> >   Got any help?
> >     Thanx,
> >           Eric Scott
>
> I think you can call it whatever you want.
what they are saying, is in MCC software install,  media manager aka
"Mandrake's software installations utility" you can include the disks you
have from 8.2, as a source, in removable media, and name each disk whatever
name you like so you will know which disk it is asking for.
but if you have no clue as to the name of an rpm,,,,
--
linux counter #167806