On Tuesday 08 June 2004 04:16 pm, Eric Scott wrote:
> > it's a 3d library for nvidia video drivers.  Are you installing from
> > source or from an rpm.
>
> I'm installing from RPM, I'm still novice enough in the Linux world that
> the word "source" almost totally scares me away. :-P
>    I figured it had something do with the graphics system.  I have an
> nVidia GeForce II on this comp.  Have any idea where I could get the
> file?  It seems to think it's the only file I still lack.

The dependency error you are getting usually comes up when somebody compiles
an rpm on a machine that is using the nvidia binary drivers, rather than the
nv driver that comes with XFree.  It is a bogus error and can safely be
ignored if you want.  The way to do that is to use the --allow-nodeps option
of urpmi

urpmi packagename --allow-nodeps
--
/g