>>Very good, but you missed a point I think. How do you use urpmi to
>>update only kde?
>>This would be great to know because I trust urpmi and can go to bed
>>knowing it is doing its job. I have never had complete success with
>>konstruct and feel it requires user participation - on dialup that is
>>not an option.

Well, if you're running cooker and you want the most bleeding edge, you could set up a
cron job that runs the folling commands:

urpmi.update -a && urpmi kde*

which will check if any new updates are available for any packages starting with kde
(including kdebase, etc). Note that this will also install any new packages that have
kde in it. You can easily add other packages to the end if you want to check other
ones, such as:

urpmi.update -a && urpmi kdebase kdevelop knotes

If you're running Mandrake 10 official, the only updates released are security and
bugfixes, so you should use:

urpmi.update -a && urpmi --auto-select

Anyways. auto-select will only update software you already have installed.
Justin Grote
Network Architect, CCNA
JWG Networks
Email: [EMAIL PROTECTED] (remove nospam-)
SMS:   [EMAIL PROTECTED] (remove nospam-)
Phone: (208) 631-5440