On Monday 12 July 2004 12:40 pm, Christopher J. Bottaro wrote:
> ok, this is getting a bit off topic, but...
>
> how do i "make it bootable with the cdrom boot image"?  i found the "raw
> tree for Mandrakelinux 10.0 Official" and i'm assuming i can download it,
> keeping the dir structure intact, then burn it to dvd with the "cdrom boot
> image"...?

I believe that to make a CD or DVD bottable, you hae to specify a boot image,
which I believe should be that exact size of a floppy disk image, so you can
use one of the floppy images in the images directory to make the DVD
bootable.  Alternatively, you could create the DVD archive, and then use a
boot floppy to get started.

Another thought, if you have the bandwidth to copy the whole dang tree down,
you might want to consider an ftp install.
--
/g