alfonso flores wrote:
hi there stephen, i am writing you from chiapas, mexico, i want ask u
if u could give directions on how can i run applications, like for
example a cad software from the server, the stations boot with a cd
of mandrakelinux move 1.0 and the server has the redhat 10 fedora,
let me tell u that bout r running and i can see via ftp, thanks and
best regards from the jungle att. al flores

It depends on how the server is set up. The way I usualy do it is to use ssh to connect to the server, and start the program. As long as ssh is set up to forward X connections, the program will open a window on the local desktop. With the default setup, I believe X forwarding is turned off, so you will have to use the -X option. If you set up key pairs, you can also do sonething like:

ssh -X [EMAIL PROTECTED] command

This will start the command on the remote machine, and forward the connection back to your own machine. There are some security risks involved with forwarding X connections, so you may want to read up on this.

If you have a secure network, you can also enable rsh to run a command on the server, but I feal ssh is a better route to go.

Mikkel

for you are crunchy and taste good with Ketchup!