The clean install without formating the /home partition will leave your past work retrievable, I had no problems doing this. [ This assumes you have a separate /home partition. - Great having it for things like this.]

As to 'QingHua' comment about it being better than 9.1 - Not here it ain't. The problems I have remind me alot of my windows days. At least MDK10 appears to recover better and lilo has not acted up once - pluses for carrying on with it. Trouble is it takes a reboot to recover. Now that is too much like windows.

Regards

Frank

Big or small, a challenge requires the same commitment to resolve.
Registered Linux User # 324213

Q.H.Wang wrote:

Hi people,

I have done an update from 9.1 to 10.0. Basically it's sucessful. Almost all
the applications I installed with 9.1 are untouched in this update, though
some of them need to start from scratch (run as the first time). There is an
exception. Matlab can not start Java Virtual Machine, thus the command
window disappears. Maybe I need to install it again, or maybe I can fix it
by just installing Java package. Does anyone have similar experience? TIA.

By the way, MDK 10.0 is much better than 9.1. Cheers!

Bests,

QingHua