On Sun, 1 Aug 2004 18:03:12 -0400
Bryan Phinney disseminated the following:

> > Moot point really, though, I guess, the OP's sysadmins aren't going to let
> > him VNC in anyhow.
>
> Since he is trying to access a machine at work, my guess is that he will need
> to VPN in, more than likely the server won't be running SSH and he will need
> to connect to some central VPN server since that is likely the only one with
> a publicly accessible IP.
>
> However, not at all sure that it will help.  If work is completely MS, then
> much of the networking and connections, file mapping, etc is likely to
> require Windows as well.

Wouldn't Freeswan and Samba take care of both of those? From the Freeswan
site:

"...and with the appropriate patches interops nicely with Microsoft Windows
XP/2000 using X.509 certificates."

I can see it being easier by far though to follow your line of thinking and just
use a Windows box :-(

--
JoeHill RLU #282046 /  www.freeyourmachine.org
21:46:20 up 18 days, 14:01, 6 users, load average: 0.14, 0.11, 0.03