Dan Gordon wrote:
Chris, if you have just turned iptables back on did you reboot? it might help, also did you re-run the firestarter wizard? this may also help. All I have ever done was install iptables, then firestarter and reboot, then run the wizard and it was all steath. I have verified this config by stoping firestarter and scanning again to find all closed, but thats all iptables will do by default unless you give it some rules to go by. This is what firestarter is for an easy way to create rules for iptables. As for your open ports it looks like you have maybe installed a ftp server port 21 uses this and apache web server port 80 uses this. And im not sure what port 23 us used for, maybe someone else can help there.
and Cris please send you replies back to the list as it might be helpfull to some one else as well.

Sorry for my ignorance, Dan, but where to find the iptables and how to install them?

Thanks in advance,

Paul