On Friday 06 August 2004 11:01, Charlie Mahan wrote:
> On Friday 06 August 2004 10:31:10, C. Tresenriter wrote:
> > I must have misunderstood you.
> >
> > I have kde set to save the session when booting up and had the
> > folding client running in a terminal on an unused desktop but on
> > rebooting it didn't start.
> >
> > Obviously there's something else I need to do.
> > What is it I'm missing?
> >
> > Curt
>
> I hadn't checked to see if it would work yet so it's my fault, not anything
> you missed. Besides I set my Session Manager to start with a Manually Saved
> Session so there may be differences there as well as the fact that I'm
> running cooker.
>
> I wonder if KDE Auto-Start would handle it. I'll do some more research when
> i have a few minutes. For now you may want to use the script Paul posted.
>
> Charlie

Charlie;
     I've got the following line in my /etc/rc.d/rc.local, which restarts [EMAIL
PROTECTED]
automatically on boot up:
su - glenn --command="cd /home/glenn/[EMAIL PROTECTED];./FAH4Console-Linux.exe
>/dev/null 2>&1 &"

As you've mentioned, you can't see the progress this way.  But you can always
check your FAHlog.txt file to check, or use the Gkrellfah2 plugin for
Gkrellm.  The latter lets you get a quick update on your progress by simply
mousing over that area in the gkrellm box.

Glenn
--
07:35:34 up 12:39, running Mandrake Linux release 10.0 (Official) for i586,
kernel 2.6.3-15mdk

C for yourself.