On Mon, 2004-08-09 at 06:06, Julie Sloan wrote:
> Someone please point me in the right direction - Yesterday suddenly I
> wasn't able to open folders in the KDE GUI anymore.  Hop on over to
> Gnome and they open just fine.  How did I screw this up?
>
> Uh, and how did I manage to change my line width to 45 characters (in
> Ximian)?
>
> thanks, J

The bit about opening folders (directories) in KDE (with Konqueror) is
rather strange; the only thing I could think about for that would be to
rename the Konqueror prefs file
(/home/yournamegoeshere/.kde/share/config/konquerorrc to something else)
and then go back into KDE and try again...

Now with Evolution, it generally uses a standard format that is world
acceptable; are you using HTML or plain text? If you use plain text,
everything should be hunky dory - else if you're using HTML, well, most
folks don't dig HTML mail.

Either which, if in fact you DO want to change the line width from 72
down to 45, you're going to have to get in with the Evolution mailing
group as it is not something that can be easily hacked; and if I
remember correctly, you have to edit some XML files (it's been so long
that I can't quite remember which or even where they live!); but it is
not a task for the feint of heart.

BTW, I'm not knocking Evolution because I live in it every day for MY
mail, but have you considered using Mozilla Thunderbird for email
instead of Evolution? It might not have all the cool functionality that
Evolution has, but it IS far more configurable...just a thought.

stephen kuhn - proprietor
illawarra computer services :: a kuhn media australia venture
http://kma.0catch.com  :: mobile 0410.728.389
Serving Sydney, The Illawarra, South Coast and Rural NSW
  Mandrake GNU/Linux 10.0 OE/Kernel 2.6.3-7/ No Viruses here.

Nothing ever becomes real till it is experienced -- even a proverb is no
proverb to you till your life has illustrated it. -- John Keats