On Mon, 2004-08-09 at 14:04, Julie Sloan wrote:
<major snip>

> thanks Stephen

Something that you could try - and this is if ALL ELSE FAILS;

* Login as root
* rename the /home/yournamegoeshere/.kde directory to something else
* Logoff and then login as yourself again

THIS recreates all the KDE directory structures - you may loose some
settings, but in all reality, I've found this to be the best option for
regaining control over KDE again...

(Another option is to NOT use KDE or Gnome and stick with a window
manager that is consistently stable, clean, spartan...but then again, at
least I have beer)

stephen kuhn - proprietor
illawarra computer services :: a kuhn media australia venture
http://kma.0catch.com  :: mobile 0410.728.389
Serving Sydney, The Illawarra, South Coast and Rural NSW
  Mandrake GNU/Linux 10.0 OE/Kernel 2.6.3-7/ No Viruses here.

Beware of low-flying butterflies.