On Monday 16 Aug 2004 14:06, Keith Powell wrote:
> I have been trying Thunderbird - a very nice program, and the spam filter
> works well.
>
> However, I can't get it to spell check in GB English, only American
> English.
>
> I have downloaded the correct dictionary from
>
> dictionaries.mozdev.org/installation.html
>
> but can't get Thunderbird to find it.
>
> The download site says to use "Tools->Options->Attachments" to install it.
> but there is no "Attachments" item in that menu.
>
> How do I install the new dictionary, please?
>
> I can't find the answer with Google :-(
>
> Many thanks for any help.
>
> Keith

It works for me with Thunderbird 0.9.1 which is available as an RPM from
MandrakeClub or from Chip Cuccio's site
http://norlug.org/~chipster/index.pxml?rpms

(You may need to install xorg-x11-Xvfb before it will work)

Thunderbird 0.91 supports extensions  "Tools->Options->Extensions"  not
Attachments.

To install the British spell checker go here
http://dictionaries.mozdev.org/installation.html

If you are using Mozilla or mozilla-firefox clicking on the spell checker will
install it in mozilla itself. To install it in Thunderbird right click on the
link and save the file somewhere in your home.

Then in Thunderbird - Tools->Options->Extensions
Press the 'Install' button and select the previously saved spell checker.

 :-)

derek

--
www.jennings.homelinux.net