On Monday 16 Aug 2004 21:01, Keith Powell wrote:
> On Monday 16 Aug 2004 15:07, Derek Jennings wrote:

> > > It works for me with Thunderbird 0.9.1 which is available as an RPM
> > > from MandrakeClub or from Chip Cuccio's site
> > > http://norlug.org/~chipster/index.pxml?rpms
> > >
> > > (You may need to install xorg-x11-Xvfb before it will work)
> > >
> > > Thunderbird 0.91 supports extensions  "Tools->Options->Extensions"  not
> > > Attachments.
> > >
> > > To install the British spell checker go here
> > > http://dictionaries.mozdev.org/installation.html
> > >
> > > If you are using Mozilla or mozilla-firefox clicking on the spell
> > > checker will install it in mozilla itself. To install it in Thunderbird
> > > right click on the link and save the file somewhere in your home.
> > >
> > > Then in Thunderbird - Tools->Options->Extensions
> > > Press the 'Install' button and select the previously saved spell
> > > checker.
> > >
> > >  :-)
> > >
> > > derek
> >
> > Sorry I must engage brain before typing :-(
> > The latest version of Thunderbird is of course 0.7.3
> >
> > Also I had to run thunderbird as root when installing the extension or
> > else it did not have permission to the correct folder for the spell
> > checker.
> >
> > Finally when running a spell check you should be anle to select the
> > appropriate language in the drop down menu.
> >
> > derek
>
> Thank you for your help, Derek.
>
> I am running 0.7.1, which is the latest I can find on Chip's site - not
> joined the Club yet.
>
> Sorry about the typing error, I meant Extensions and not Attachments. It
> must be the weather which is affecting the brain!
>
> I have run Thunderbird both as root and as a user, and there is definitely
> NOT an Attachments item in the Tools->Options menu. So I am at a loss how
> to install the British spell checker.
>
> The next thing I will do is to download and install  xorg-x11-Xvfb and see
> if that brings me an Extension menu item, but I can't really see how it
> will. However, I am probably wrong.
>
> In the "language" menu item in the spell checker, there is still only the
> American language.
>
> Any further ideas will be *very* gratefully received.
>
> Keith

Thunderbird 0.7.3 is here
http://norlug.org/~chipster/rpm_handler/cat2/mozilla-thunderbird-0.7.3-2.norlug.i586.rpm

You should not be looking in Tools->Options
Look in Tools>Extensions

xorg-x11-Xvfb is a dependency for the MandrakeClub RPM. I am not sure if
Chip's version requires it.

derek

--
www.jennings.homelinux.net