On Sat, 2004-08-28 at 11:00, BJ Tracy wrote:
> On Friday 27 August 2004 05:26 pm, BJ Tracy wrote:
>
> > Not sure if you are going to see my responses,  I tried to respond and
> > Kmail went nuts and crashed the first time and rebooted itself the second
> > time.
> >
> > What is up with that ??????  I have never had any problems with Kmail.
> >
> > Can anyone help,,, is this a bug or what.
> Hello All,
>
> While answering Hoyt's email, kmail went nuts.  The first email response just
> crashed my desktop and I had to reboot.  The second time I tried to respond
> to Hoyt's email (and of course the whole mailing list ) Kmail crashed and
> rebooted WITHOUT me doing ANYTHING.  Something is way wrong here.
>
> Now this is where it gets real WEIRD,  when ( the second time ) Kmail rebooted
> by itself, the two emails to Hoyt ( and of cousre the whole mailing list)
> were there and sent ! !  Is anyone having these same problems ? ?
>
> Is this a bug, if so do I report it and if so to who / where?
>
> Looking for an guidance.
>
> Standing by.
> All the best to you all,
> bj
> Linux Newbie, but loving it!

Every time I've had difficulties with anything KDE, I would logoff and
login as root (or do it from the console) and rename the .kde directory
within my home directory so that KDE would rebuild itself; then again,
as well, I also make sure that the /etc/ld.so.conf is up to date and I
run ldconfig to rebuild the lib path cache; generally, it all becomes
happy-dappy again and you can then copy over your KMail prefs and
whatnot to the new .kde directory; at least it's worth a shot, right
mate?

--
stephen kuhn - proprietor
illawarra computer services :: a kuhn media australia venture

The worst is enemy of the bad.