On Friday 27 August 2004 03:45 pm, charlie wrote:
| On Sat, 28 Aug 2004 07:26 am, BJ Tracy wrote:
| > Hello All,
| >
| > Thanks Hoyt for responding to my questions.
| >
| > Not sure if you are going to see my responses,  I tried to respond and
| > Kmail went nuts and crashed the first time and rebooted itself the second
| > time.

Rebooted?  I think it may not be kmail--you may have a hardware problem.
Something about kmail may be accessing a specific part of your hd, or using a
specific amount of cpu or memory, or ethernet, and that is the cause of the
crash.
The reason I say this, a few years ago, sometimes when I tried to transfer
files from-or-to one of the computers on my network I would get a spontaneous
reboot.  Now, the weird part is, more than one computer was doing this, but
one specific computer was always involved (either it would reboot or the one
being transferred to or from would reboot).  After a couple of months of
pulling my hair out, I changed the network card in that machine and the
problem went away!

| > What is up with that ??????  I have never had any problems with Kmail.

Well, any problem I've ever had was cured by deleting my /home/username/.kde
and logging back in.