On Fri, 27 Aug 2004 07:58 am, Lanman wrote:
> Hoyt Bailey wrote:
> >
> > <snip>
> >
> >>Something strange happened to me this morning as I was downloading
> >>mail into Kmail. I deleted one of Lanman's mails and the Kmail
> >>desktop locked up solid, my CPU usage went into the 100% and stayed
> >>there. But nothing was happening in Kmail that I could see. So went
> >>into a terminal, and top showed that Kmail was gobbling up 98% of my
> >>CPU muscle. Killed the pid and all is back to as it should be.
> >>
> >>Is Kmail going flaky or are Lanman's mail becoming sacred or
> >>precious?
> >>
> >>Charlie.
> >
> > Probably sacred but I haven't trashed any mail from tom and it happens
> > here as well but not necessarly in kmail. It just happens.  Now my
> > kmail stops sending before it does goes bonkers.
>
> Guys! I'm getting a nosebleed from being up on this pedestal you're
> putting me on! Grin! LMAO! However, just as a precaution, you might want
> to archive them in case they become valuable in the future? LOL!
>
> But seriously, I've been noticing quite a few more posts to this list
> and others regarding Kmail issues. I'm wondering if something in it was
> accidentally Borked when it was added to KDE-PIM and/or Kontact, because
> it used to be a rock-solid program before that happened.
>
> Hmmm. will have to keep an eye on that.
>
> Lanman

For that reason didn't install Kontact, because I like KMail the way it is and
a bit longer than a year ago used Evolution. But don't like all that extra
stuff with the mail program. Have it on its own where required. KMail alone,
no Kontact here.

But this is the first time that anything like this has happened. Like the man
said when his horse died. It has never done that before. I too am watching.

Charlie

--
Registered Linux User:- 329524