Dear friends:

Some said earlier that Opera has "let go" of its Linux team. I don't
know where they got their information. I would sure like to know.

I just checked Opera's Alternative Operating Systems page. Opera for
Linux is NOT dead. On the contrary, it is moving along fast towards
completion. Here is the latest info from Opera's page at:

http://www.opera.com/alt_os.html

                       LINUX/X11

                         Current status: +11 out of 20 Points

                         Current Update:

                         Things are moving along fast and furiously with
the Linux port! Note the +4                                     status upgrade.

                         Here's more details from the lead programmer of
Opera for Linux Qt Edition,
                         Darren R. Starr:

                                   "Well, things are moving forward.
We're very pleased to
                              announce a bump of 4 points on the status
bar here. So many
                              features of the browser are now working
that we've decided to
                              move it that much. We have reached a point
that nearly every
                              feature in the core of the browser is now
working. This week, we
                              will complete frames, forms and image
support. XML, SSL, and
                              CSS is getting very close to being
implemented and after these
                              functions are completed, all that we have
left is to finish the
                              surrounding user interface. We even have
hot lists running now.
                                   As Opera for Linux development
leader, I'm looking very
                              forward to releasing an early beta within
the next 4-6 weeks. This
                              doesn't mean that it will be a perfect
product. It simply means that
                              I'm trying to make all of our prospective
Linux users happy. I feel
                              confident that the high level of stability
we have come to expect
                              from Opera will shine through. Linux users
will soon have a
                              choice!"

If I am wrong, could someone please document their statements with more
recent information from Opera?

Benjamin

Benjamin and Anna Sher
Email:[EMAIL PROTECTED]