>Please don't shout and scream -- it won't help anyway -- just send us
>some positive energy that we get this on track this time 'round.

rofl....what are these guys, hippies? Positive energy?!?!? How about "send
us some qualified programmers". Last I heard, I was going to have to send
them $40 to use their junky slow-developing browser. Now I have to send
energy too? These guys are jokers, people. The open source crowd needs to
solve the browser problem on their own. If you're waiting for Opera, then
you're waiting for Linux to die. Linux didn't happen because folks waited on
commercial jokers like these Opera folks.

>I have no news about the status at all. I spoke to the Head of
>Development, who was on his way out of the office, but he gave me his
>new email address -- which bounced. <wondering in disbelief>

Oh, yeah...these guys are the hope for the future. I just CAN'T WAIT until I
can go out and BUY my very own Opera to run on Linux! <dripping with
sarcasm>

>Linux
>-----
>The MacOS and the Linux programmers have been working together, and
>they both failed. As with the MacOS project, the Linux project is also
>being shifted as we speak. Again, a version will be released (to the
>best of my knowledge of today ;)), but expect delays.

No sh$t. Expect delays, people. Remember why you left commercial crapware to
begin with?

Whether you can code or not, Mozilla is the only real hope right now. Get
over to mozilla.org and pitch in. Write some docs. Test some bugs. That's
the way Linux gets improved. Why would it be any different for a browser?

Of course, this Opera crew may be an exception. They do seem to be a real
crack team. <more sarcasm> I'm sure they as a private copmpany, full of
programmer team difficulties can get it ALL worked out. Just sit back and
wait for Opera folks, while Gates continues to win the browser war and Linux
becomes less and less viable as an Internet-capable desktop. Remember,
that's all 90% of people use their machines for.