On Mon, 30 Aug 2004 08:54:22 -0500
John Drouhard disseminated the following:

> > And no, I'm not installing 10.0 for the time being.
> >

> I don't know if this is too much work for you, but you can try compiling
> it from source, along with it's dependencies. That shouldn't break
> anything *too* bad. :-)
>
> http://www.gtk.org
> http://developer.gnome.org/doc/API/2.4/gtk/gtk-building.html

Just for claws? Nah. Something to look forward to when I buy a new box and can
experiment a bit. Right now I only have the one old workhorse, and I ain't
riskin' breakin' nuttin' no how!

For the people who *do* want to build this wonderful GTK2 Claws, here is John's
original howto (though I think the line number you edit has changed to 65...):

1. cvs
-d:pserver:[EMAIL PROTECTED]:/cvsroot/sylpheed-claws
login
^^^That is one line

press enter when the password prompt comes up.

2. cvs -z3
-d:pserver:[EMAIL PROTECTED]:/cvsroot/sylpheed-claws
co -r gtk2 sylpheed-claws
^^^That is one line

3.change into the sylpheed-claws directory.

4. Open the file configure.ac and change line 63 from
AC_CONFIG_HEADERS(config.h)

AM_CONFIG_HEADER(config.h)

5. Then save it, and run autogen.sh.
type make, then become root and type make install.

--
JoeHill RLU #282046 /  www.freeyourmachine.org
22:05:50 up 26 days, 21:50, 12 users, load average: 0.35, 0.40, 0.67