SnapafunFrank wrote:
M.Schild wrote:

Someone kindly contacted me off-list (thanks, Chris!) and sent me a
sig file I can adapt for my own use. He also gave me instructions
for using it in Kmail:

"To use is, under Kmail settings, Identity, enable signature, obtain
signature from (select output of command) Specify command, mine is
/home/chris/sig"

Hope this helps you, Maryse - now, can anyone help me use the file
in Mozilla 1.6 as I don't use Kmail?

thank you. I shall try Maryse

OK. I'm using Mozilla-1.7.2 but I think the same applies for you.

Go to :
<Edit> <Mail & Newsgroup Account Settings> and make sure your "Account Name" is highlighted.
From there you can organize your signature and be pointed to it. My signature below is a text file buried in my /home/frank/Documents/Signature directory eg.

Each time I do not want the signature attached I simply highlight it and hit the delete key.

Hope this helps.

Well, that got me closer, but not quite there yet...

The file that Chris sent me is a script. So far, using your instructions, I have managed to get Mozilla to use the file - but it is using the *contents* of the file (showing the commands that produce the Mandrake version, kernel version etc.), and I actually need it to use the *output*.

There must be a step in the middle that I'm missing.

Do I need to create a 2nd file to contain the output of the script, somehow give a command to run the script and send the output to the 2nd file, then use the content of the 2nd file as the sig text?

Margot