JoeHill wrote:
On Tue, 14 Sep 2004 08:52:26 -0400
Lanman disseminated the following:

You can argue with Lyvim's point of view, but only if you like being wrong.

So, are you taking over Lyvim's arrogant side now? <G>

I don't think anyone is arguing with his point of view anyhow, *he's* arguing
against a point *that no one made*, at least in this thread.

What it is with you Joe? Are you determined to piss somebody off today? Did you wake up and decide that this was a good day to annoy and insult someone again?

Don't disguise your insult by making it sound like you're kidding. The "<G>" notation will only allow you to get away with things to a certain extent.

I was simply agreeing with Lyvim, who's opinions I happen to respect. Virtually everything he says is right on target IMNSHO. And I wasn't replying to you in particular but was replying to the whole list. Why would you feel that you need to reply to my one comment and insult Lyvim at the same time, while assuming that Lyvim or I were arguing any points at all with anyone at all? He was merely offering his point of view. I was agreeing with him and with the fact that it would be difficult to refute his opinion. That's it. Move on. Get over it.

You know, for an old fart you can be pretty grumpy sometimes. You're always trying to pick a fight with someone, and you seem to think it's appreciated. It's like having a house guest that tries to take over the household, only you try to do it with your opinions and when that fails you insult people. Here's a news flash for ya Joe. It's doesn't make you a better person when you put others down, it makes you less than them, BECAUSE you put them down.

Perhaps you should forward a list to us outlining what things you'd like to defend, comment or argue about and we'll just avoid those items from now on, OK? It'll make life a lot simpler for all of us. Or maybe we can just start a new "Joe" mailing list instead of an "Off-Topic" list. Then anyone who wants to hear your insults and condescending assumptions would be able to go there to get their daily dose of "Joe".

While I'm at it, give us a break on the List Nazi stuff, OK? Netiquette is intended to be a guideline and most people will comply or will be told by others about what they should or shouldn't do on the list. More often than not, you seem to come across as rude or obnoxious about it, and that will send people off to other lists or distros.

More and more, we're seeing newbies show up who have never even been on a list before, and aren't even aware that there are considerations to make when dealing with this list, but a suggestion to help them set up their emails client is always better than a link and a terse message.
Work on those "People Skills" will ya?

Give it a rest, Dude. Jeez! Who pissed in your Corn Flakes this morning?

--
Lanman
Registered Linux User #190712