I'm not absolutely shure about windows doing port forwarding, because i did investigated for another application and didn't found a native solution.  But i had success with Cygwin and the ssh.

Basicly wath i did was to use ssh over the windows box with the Cygwin version, then ssh has the ability to do port forward and also encrypt the comunication betwen boxes.