On Tue, 2004-09-21 at 06:53, Merlin Zener wrote:

> thanks for your thoughts, Kaj.
> But that didn't work either:
> http://www.merlinzener.com/snapshot6.png
>
> and from the text window:
> [EMAIL PROTECTED] downloads]$ cd firefox-installer
> [EMAIL PROTECTED] firefox-installer]$ su
> Password:
> [EMAIL PROTECTED] firefox-installer]# ./firefox-installer
> [EMAIL PROTECTED] firefox-installer]#
>

> what am I doing wrong?
>
> --
> Merlin Zener
> Piano, Synthesizer
> Thailand.
>
> "...if my calculations are correct..."

Are you installing this as ROOT or as yourself? You have to make sure
you install the program as root, else you will get errors - and best to
install it to /usr/local/firefox as well mate...

--
stephen kuhn - proprietor
illawarra computer services :: a kuhn media australia venture

"The algorithm to do that is extremely nasty. You might want to mug
someone with it." -- M. Devine, Computer Science 340