I have had this running before,  im not at my computer atm but I think
the first time you run gdesklets you have to tell it to run a display as
well something like "gdesklets calendarwhatitis"  os something along
those lines.  It then adds the display to the gdesklet window for the
next start.  When I get to my computer I will send the proper command if
you havent already figured it out.
HTH

Regards,
Dan Gordon