On Wed, 2004-09-29 at 20:27, Thereidos wrote:
> W liście z śro, 29-09-2004, godz. 09:07, Stephen Kühn pisze:
> > > I'm stuck with this one. I'm trying to make gdesklets work 'round here.
> > > I've tried gdesklets' 0.26 rpms for mdk 10.0 and when I tried to start
> > > gdesklets server it hanged.
> >
> > Don't bother.
>
> Why?

Because it's CRAP software and doesn't work easily "out of the box" (as
is most Gnome based software) and newbies shouldn't have to be forced to
LEARN to do something they shouldn't be doing - and the documentation
sucks and the support for GDesklets sucks and try to get a straight
answer from ANYONE in a Gnome IRC channel let alone a mailing
list...hence the reason I gave up on playing with GDesklets in the first
place...if GKrellm doesn't do it, then frag it. I don't want it - and I
don't want to hog precious system resources on something that doesn't do
what I want in the first five minutes that I've installed it.

Hence, CRAP and don't bother.

YOU might have more patience, but I have come to rely on software that
does what it is supposed to do without requiring a rocket science
certificate in order to either run it or configure it.

THAT is one of the major stumbling blocks in the Gnome project (for the
past three years, mind you)

Off my soapbox now...handing it over to Lyv or Joe..

--
stephen kuhn
mobile 0410.728.389

Men have a much better time of it than women; for one thing they marry
later; for another thing they die earlier. -- H.L. Mencken