Hello all,

I've just got hold of 4 Mandrake 10.0 CDs; I'll be upgrading from 9.0,
and I wanted to ask if there's anything particular I should [or should
not] do to ensure a smooth transition.

I'm currently dual booting with WIN2KPRO, and I don't want to mess up
that partition, or mess with the LILO setup as it is.

If I just put the CD in and boot, will it notice what's already there
and put itself over the top of the old 9.0 install, or will I have to
make sure it doesn't stomp on anything that it shouldn't?

What kind of backup should I do first, just in case anything goes wrong?
I'm guessing, simply copy anything that's in /home/merlin, but where
else are things kept that I need to back up? What about Mozilla, Pan and
Evolution - where do they keep their files? [Oh, btw, I still didn't get
any answer about how to get my bookmarks and passwords back in Mozilla,
in the other thread...] Is there a Linux equivalent of the registry that
I should back up? [and would it work with 10.0 anyway?]

Anything else I should be aware of? Any "gotcha"s? Something maybe that
you guys have come across and dealt with before me?

TIA for all advice [as usual:) ]

--
Merlin Zener
Piano, Synthesizer