On Fri, 2004-10-01 at 00:21, Stephen Kühn wrote:

> Two words:
>
> CLEAN INSTALL

so that would involve reformatting both drives?

If so, then I guess I'm in for a long backup session first... How should
I go about it? Could someone address these concerns for me?:
> What kind of backup should I do first, just in case anything goes
> wrong? I'm guessing, simply copy anything that's in /home/merlin, but
> where else are things kept that I need to back up? What about Mozilla,
> Pan and Evolution - where do they keep their files? Is there a Linux
> equivalent of the registry that I should back up? [and would it work
> with 10.0 anyway?]
and something I just thought of:
How do I get my mail back into Evolution after the
backup/reformat/reinstall process?

TIA,

Oh, and I just thought of another thing:
If I have to reformat my Windows drives, should I reinstall windows
first before installing Mandrake 10.0? And, I seem to recall there's
something about NTFS that makes it so Linux and Windows can't access the
same files - so should I take the opportunity and redo Windows in FAT32
or something?

TIA, again :)

--
Merlin Zener