On Sat, 30 Oct 2004, Russell W. Behne wrote:

> Ok. I'm at the point where I have the 2 extra network cards installed.
> eth0 goes to my cable modem, and is the default route. eth1 and eth2 are
> for the 2 kids computers. When I do ifconfig I get this:
>
> eth0      Link encap:Ethernet  HWaddr 00:10:B5:C0:C0:40
>           inet addr:67.21.58.221  Bcast:67.21.58.255  Mask:255.255.255.0

SNIP....

eth1, eth2 aren't configured, they have no IP address.  3 cards on a
machine to network to 2 others is kind of overkill. Each of the cards need
an IP address on your machine. Then I guess you'll route each 1<->1
connection through the appropriate device. (personally I'd use a hub or
switch, and only 2 cards on the server machine, routing the local subnet
through eth1).

--
Stew Benedict
Mandrakesoft