On Fri, 29 Oct 2004 00:28:10 +0100
Derek Jennings disseminated the following:

> (Yes Joe I know pekwm is better, but its not so easy to install)

If he could build Fluxbox he could build Pekwm. However, Pek is nowhere near as
easy to configure I'll give you that, and of course once it's installed you
almost *have to* start it from text mode, not KDM or whatever.

Even Fluxbox is easier to customise if you start it from text mode, ie.
dockapps and other things you want to start with Flux.

Has anyone ever come up with a definitive answer as to how to add
WM's installed from source to the login manager?

Has anyone ever come up with a definitive answer as to why logging in in text
mode is more difficult than with a GDM? ;-)

1. Enter username

2. Enter password

3. One of many simple and intuitive methods for starting X (Xtart, alias
'startx' as 'x' in .bashrc, etc.)

Once you've tried Pek, you'll never go...something that rhymes with Pek that
means 'back' :-D

--
JoeHill / RLU #282046 / www.freeyourmachine.org
09:45:47 up 86 days, 9:36, 4 users, load average: 0.07, 0.06, 0.01