Hello Jack,

Friday, November 12, 2004, 1:50:31 PM, Jack wrote:

J> But when an expert gives you specific directions on how to do
J> something, and it has worked for him, it *should work for me*
J> also!!!!!!!!!

Speaking of experts, a few years back I had a very severe Windows
problem. Lots of reading, Googling, listing, etc, and still no fix.
Finally, I decided to use M$ **PAID** support. They worked on it a few
hours and couldn't fix it. Their rather expensive solution was to
reformat the disk and reinstall Windows.

All the specific directions (and there were many) on how to do
something worked for those experts, but NOT for me.

Now I had just finished a large computer model session that took a few
days to run. I did NOT want to redo it again. I mentioned that I would
lose a lot of work if I followed their 'fix.' Their answer was that
their job was ONLY to get Windows running again, the easiest way they
can. If I lose data or work, tough, they don't care a bit.

That wretched response from their PAID support was so obnoxious it was
a major factor in my exploring alternatives to M$. Yech! I've had
better, more effective responses from this list than I got from M$.

--

 rikona                            mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]