Hello Jack,

Friday, November 12, 2004, 8:07:40 PM, Jack wrote:

J> Funny you should mention this... a few years back, I had a small
J> problem with Win98.  I was still within the support period so I
J> called their tech support.  Before you knew it, the fella wanted me
J> to re-install Windows.  Being polite as I could be, I then told him
J> I would *not* re-install, and I needed to talk to a higher level
J> tech.  First level techs often know very little beyond what their
J> computer screens are telling them about a specific problem.

I'm familiar with that problem. By the time I call, I've often done
almost everything the first level tech will suggest, and I try to
escalate quickly.

J> Despite my politeness, he got really pissed off and I had to be
J> quite firm in requesting a higher level tech.

Yep!

J> I think first level MS support is told to suggest  re-installing if
J> nothing else shows up in their knowledgebase.

This seems to apply to ALL levels of techs at M$. :-(((

J> Another time (and this really pissed me off), the Windows guy told
J> me it was my hardware, and the hardware guy told me it was Windows.

Another familiar problem. Try conference calls, if you can arrange it.
Makes for an interesting conversation. :-)

Seems what we both seem to remember is getting pissed off at M$. :-))

--

 rikona                            mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]