I've seen the same thing many times. Here are some suggestions:

1. Make sure you have a linux username and password that
exactly matches your windows username and password.

2. Make sure that you have a samba share that is useable by the
particular user.

3. Make sure that you have the samba share configured in
smb.conf for the particular user, or make it a public share (writable).

4. Make sure smb.conf is configured to use encrypted passwords.

5. Make sure you add the linux/windows user to the encrypted
password file by using the command: smbpasswd -a XXXXXX where
XXXXXX is the linux/windows username. You will be prompted for
the password.

Then try it again.

Bruce