On Mon, 3 Jan 2005 07:53, Anne Wilson wrote:
> Maybe I misunderstood him, Eric.  I thought he was wanting to browse the
> photos on the camera.  You're right, of course, it is the program that
> opens when a jpg is selected.  If his camera doesn't mount as a usb storage
> device he probably is stuck with gtkam for downloading.  Digikam can make
> the albums for his later, if necessary.
>
> Anne

Actually, all he has to do is close GTkam and then open Digikam and use its
excellent download tool instead, it's just a pain to have to do :-)

I've been trying to read the Hotplug, Udev and USB websites to find out how to
change this, but it sure is dense going and there's no obvious solution yet.

John.

Forget that new hard drive, save some lives instead, donate to the Red Cross:
  USA:  https://www.redcross.org/donate/donation-form.asp
  UK:  https://www.donate.bt.com/bt_form_dec.htm
  Oz:  https://www.redcross.org.au/Donations/onlineTsunamiDonations.asp
  NZ:  https://www.banqonit.com/proxypage.aspx?boiid=205